Are you looking for Fera Product Reviews App alternatives that are cost-effective, have fantastic customer support, and make it easy to create social proof?
You’ve come to the right place.
We are firm believers in creating an incredible user experience to increase trust and the number of referrals while growing sales.
In fact, when we’ve started researching the best product review apps on the market, Fera was one of the top picks when it came to its unique functionalities like the “shopper journey.”
After researching further and testing Fera Product Reviews App out, we faced a few obstacles:
- Onboarding wasn’t perfect.
- Many features we were looking forward to were in the higher–end packages.
- Pricing was high.
Since we liked most of the features, we set out to find the best Fera alternatives & competitors, so you don’t have to waste time researching.
We’ve researched and tested the following tools:
- Fera Product Reviews App
- Fera alternative #1 – Vitals
- Fera alternative #2 – Loox Shopify Reviews App
- Fera alternative #3 – Enorm Photo Reviews
- Fera alternative #4 – Opinew Product Reviews App
And, for better understanding and comparison, we’ve rated these tools based on the following criteria:
- Ease of Use
- Feature Score (How feature-rich some platforms are compared to the others?)
- Customer Support
Choose Vitals if:
You want to have 40+ apps in one that saves both time and money and will help you skyrocket your conversion rates. You’ll pay a single monthly fee for all apps and make your users love your store.
Choose Loox Shopify Reviews App if:
You’re heavily relying on photo reviews and not video reviews. You’ll be able to incentivize new customer reviews with product discounts and scale up your store with automated review request emails. Remember, you’ll have to pay an extra to remove their branding, usually placed in review request emails and storefront.
Choose Enorm photo reviews:
You can take advantage of up to 8 images per product review, have a fantastic-looking store-front, and save money in the process.
Choose Opinew Product Reviews App:
If you’re not under a tight budget and you can make use of video reviews, automated SMS/email review requests but also reward loyal customers with discounts and other cool rewards.
Additionally, we’ve prepared a comparison table, covering the essential features to worry about.
Fera Product Reviews App – Overview
Many people love Fera. In fact, Fera Product Reviews App has 3000+ positive reviews and is one of the most popular apps for increasing social proof on your Shopify store.
There’s a lot to love about this app, but not everything is flawless.
What we like about Fera Product Reviews App:
- Beautiful aesthetics – Fera makes it evident that a beautiful design is their priority. The UI looks clean, the customer review design fresh. It’s an easy thing to appreciate.
Source: Fera.ai, features > show beautiful widgets
Easy to use – Getting started with Fera was easy. It took us only a few minutes to begin importing reviews and customizing colors and layout.
- Plenty of customization options – It’s pretty easy to customize any aspect of your widget, from the design & location on the page, behavior, and setting to language, currency, and more.
- Offer incentives to customers for reviews, photos, and videos – This includes cashback, loyalty points/rewards, and discounts. This feature is fantastic because it helps you gather reviews far quicker than you usually would.
What we didn’t like about Fera Product Reviews App:
- Higher pricing – If you’re starting, the $9/mo package will do you just fine. But if you’re looking to really take advantage of Fera (with A/B testing options, for example), you’ll have to opt for the $29/mo package, which is not super expensive. Still, other Fera alternatives offer similar functionality for the same or lower pricing.
- Bugs – While we hadn’t experienced any bugs, per se, a handful of users complained that they experienced glitches, reviews not appearing or disappearing, etc. It’s not something to actively worry about, but something to just keep in mind.
- Limit on review requests & widgets – Fera doesn’t provide you with many active widgets you can have on your website. For $9/mo, you only get three active widgets, and for $29/mo, 10 to place. That’s not a lot.
Source: Fera.ai > pricing page
Fera does a great job at providing the essential features at its cheapest ($9 per month). Still, many of its unique features (like A/B testing, advanced customization, and the number of admin slots) are available in the more expensive packages ($29/mo and up.)
Free Trial – lasts 14 days.
Free – For stores doing less than $500 per month.
$9/mo (startup) 100 review requests sent/month, limited customization, three widgets, and stores with less than $5000 monthly revenue.
$29/month (small) 1,000 review requests sent/month, 10 widget limit, for $50k monthly revenue stores.
$99/month (medium) 10,000 review requests sent/month, 20 widget limit,, $200k monthly revenue.
Let’s explore some of the best Fera Product Reviews App alternatives and competitors.
Fera alternative #1 – Vitals
If you’re looking to simplify your Shopify app management and lower your monthly expenses while optimizing the user experience with some of the best apps on the market, then Vitals is the perfect app for you.
Vitals is much more than just a product review app. It’s a single powerful, cost-effective app that condenses 40+ apps in one, helping you create a fantastic user experience for your customers and promoting sales.
You’ll have everything you need to skyrocket your conversion rates and customer experience while only paying a single monthly fee. Just like their name implies, everything vital for your success in one place 😉.
To visually demonstrate just how much money you can potentially save, here’s an interesting comparison:
If you’re currently using several Shopify apps, each costing you anywhere from $5 to $20–$30 per month, you can easily see how this single powerful app can save you a ton of money.
When it comes to Vitals’ product review feature, you certainly won’t be disappointed.
Here are some of the main features:
- Multi-Photo Reviews
- Review Replies
- Import & Export Reviews in .CSV
- 1-click Review Import Tool
- Featured Reviews on Homepage
- Auto-Request Review Emails
- Curated & Translated Reviews
- Fully customizable
- Review Rating Snippets
- Verified Reviews Badge
Onboarding is boringly straightforward. It only takes a few minutes to browse through all the 40+ different apps and customize them to fit your preferences.
From product reviews, wheel of fortune, countdown timers, currency conversion, to pop-ups, to search options. With Vitals, you can turn your store into an automated sales machine.
Check out what 40+ apps you get for a single price.
Here are reasons to choose or not to choose Vitals as your go-to Fera Product Reviews App alternative.
Reasons to choose Vitals:
- It’s cost-effective – only $29.99 a month (based on usage) for all its apps.
- Exceptional customer support – while Fera is frequently complimented for its fast customer support, Vitals punches way above its weight class. In fact, here’s the average response rate for December 2020.
- Translatable into local languages – Product Reviews app in VITALS is one of the most widely used review apps on Shopify. Allowing you to import up to 200 reviews/products in a single click. You will be able to translate reviews into your local language (in fact, even names also.)
- Effortless switching from other apps – by simply importing data from CSV files, you can easily switch from Yotpo, Loox, Ferrara.ai, Feefo, or any other product review app on the market to Vitals.
- Zero website bloat & lighting fast loading because of Cloudflare caching functionality.
Reasons not to choose Vitals:
- No video reviews yet – However, video reviews will be implemented soon.
- No SOC2 and SLA compliance – This currently makes Vitals not an ideal solution for enterprise ecommerce brands that require that extra security.
After an extensive 30-day free trial, your monthly subscription will be $29.99 with no hidden fees. Most of the features found in the $29.99/mo package have unlimited usage, so you won’t have to worry about potentially upgrading.
On average, you will save a lot while using Vitals instead of paying for multiple different apps instead.
Who is Vitals for?
If your ecommerce business is experiencing growth and you need ways to optimize customer experience to increase the conversion rate, this might be a lucrative opportunity for your online business.
Vitals will help you save money, speed up your store, increase revenue, simplify your app management and also offer stellar customer support for all your apps at the same time.
And, you’ll only be paying a single monthly fee for 40+ apps available.
Fera alternative #2 – Loox Shopify Reviews App
If you’ve done any prior research before this article, you’ve surely heard of Loox Shopify Reviews App.
This Fera alternative is one of the most popular apps in the market, with 6000+ positive reviews.
Loox helps brands of all sizes to seamlessly collect and display customer reviews automatically, to strengthen your brand, create strong social proof and boost sales.
Let’s explore reasons why you should switch to Loox Product Reviews (and reasons NOT to.)
Reasons to choose Loox:
- Easily send automated review requests via email – An incredibly useful feature for scaling your store’s social proof with an increased number of customer reviews.
- Effortless to use – It only takes a few minutes to get started, and you can also easily import Aliexpress and Amazon reviews (CSV) to your product reviews – a handy feature for dropshippers. You can also choose which reviews to import and which not to, helping you to pick the reviews that resonate the most with your target audience.
- Social Sharing – all reviews are ready to be shared across social media and maximize the impact of social proof. This feature is not something that every Fera alternative offers, and we appreciate that.
- Incentivize customers to leave reviews with product discounts – this unique feature of Loox allows you to reward customers who left photo reviews and feedback by giving them product discounts. Not only will you build customer loyalty and get more social proof, but you’ll also have a higher chance of getting more sales in the future.
- Support for 17 different languages – This Fera alternative enables you to review requests, reminder emails and translate all widgets to your desired language. Not every ecommerce brand communicates in English with their customers, and Loox acknowledges that.
Reasons NOT to choose Loox:
- It’s priced high compared to other Fera alternatives and offers no free plan – starting at $9.99 per month, you’ll, unfortunately, find the most exciting features in their more expensive paid plans with fees up to $100 per month. With no free plan in place, you’ll have to take full advantage of their free trial period to get a feel for the app.
- Limited customization – customization is not something Loox Shopify Product Reviews app focuses on heavily. Yes, you can change the basic color scheme, but that’s about it. If you’re looking to give your widget a brand new look, it’s better to look for another Fera alternative and competitor.
- Recognizable design and brand logo – Until you upgrade to the Pro plan at $65/mo, you’ll be stuck with Loox’s logo in your email review requests, which stops this Fera alternative from being cost-effective compared to other Shopify apps on the list. Even after upgrading to the Pro plan, you will still rely on Loox’s (sort of boring) customer review design that other 100,000+ other Shopify stores also use due to the lack of customization offered.
Loox Product Reviews app offers four various paid plans. We only recommend getting the “Basic” plan if you’re just setting up your store and are open to upgrading later when you start generating revenue.
In the “Advanced” plan, you’ll be able to utilize all of Loox’s widgets, have advanced customization capabilities, more integration options, but also a way to import more AliExpress reviews at once (quite handy for our dropshipping community!)
It’s worth noting that to remove Loox’s logo from your reviews/emails, you’ll have to opt for their “Pro” plan starting at $59/mo, which we really hope they would include in their more affordable packages in the near future.
Who is Loox Product Reviews app for?
This Fera alternative will make it easy to gather and display reviews/feedback from your customers with automated email requests, methods of incentivizing with product discounts, and much more.
If you run a store that’s already generating some revenue and you’re looking for ways to add more social proof to your website, Loox is a good fit.
Fera alternative #3 – Enorm Photo Reviews
Enorm Photo Reviews is another terrific Fera Product Reviews alternative that offers plenty of features and up to 8 photos per review for a fraction of the price.
It has around 500 positive reviews, and so far, there have been little to none reported issues. Their customer support has been beneficial and responsive, so we feel safe recommending this app.
Reasons to choose Photo Reviews by Enorm
- It’s affordable – $7.99/mo won’t be a significant monthly pushback and will allow you to utilize all of its paid features.
- Up to 8 photos per review – While other tools don’t state the number of reviews a customer can place, we’re confident this will prove beneficial for products that can use the extra angles photos.
- Automatic review request emails – Not every Fera alternative offers it, and it’s pretty helpful in scaling up your social proof.
- Ability to reply to reviews – This is another feature that Fera also offers, which can help you build out a community and address both complimentary reviews and complaints, so your brand has an opportunity to clarify the confusion.
- Decent customization options and multiple layouts – 3 advanced layouts for the product page review widget, coloring options, multiple showcase styles for reviews to choose from, and more.
Reasons NOT to choose Photo Reviews by Enorm
- Very limited free plan – No reviews import feature, so you would need to add reviews manually. The review widget is available for the product page only, with no automatic review request emails and more.
- No fancy features – Unlike Fera’s Shopper Journey or A/B features, Enorm only focuses on the essentials and doesn’t offer anything outside of the expected functionality.
- No video reviews – Truth be told, many Fera alternatives don’t offer this feature, but it’s something cool to have if it’s available.
Enorm Photo Reviews Pricing
Photo Reviews by Enorm has two pricing plans. A free plan and a paid plan ($7.99/mo).
To really make the most out of this app, you’ll need to upgrade to the paid plan.
As previously stated, the free plan is quite limited in its functionality, and quite honestly, there are better free alternatives on the market.
Who is Photo Reviews by Enorm for?
It’s for ecommerce businesses that are just getting started and can’t afford to spend too much money on capturing and displaying product reviews (which are at that point are in small numbers anyway.)
This Fera alternative offers all of the essentials so that you won’t be missing switching from Fera.
Fera alternative #4 – Opinew Product Reviews App
Opinew Product Reviews is one of those Fera alternatives that should be getting a lot more attention than it already is.
With around 850 reviews, it’s still not nearly as reviewed as other apps on the list. But, the features it offers will speak for themselves.
Reasons to choose Opinew Product Reviews App
- Reward loyal customers that leave photo reviews – This is one of Loox’s unique features, and it’s handy to have because you’ll be able to gather many more reviews than you usually would.
- Automatically send review request emails and SMS – A must-have feature for all premium product review apps. It allows you to scale up your store with customer reviews more comfortably.
- Comment and Resolve Reviews – You’ll be able to respond to your customers’ compliments but also complaints. By curating reviews, you can highlight your strengths and address weaknesses.
- Video Reviews – An uncommon feature but a must-have for some businesses that utilize video for their products. We’d love to see this feature in more Fera alternatives.
- Seamlessly import Aliexpress reviews, eBay reviews and feedback, and Amazon reviews. While Aliexpress importing is quite common among these apps, many ecommerce owners will appreciate Ebay reviews and Amazon reviews if that’s where they’re sourcing their products from.
- Fast customer support – While we’ve personally not tested it, there’s a sea of people complimenting just how quick and responsive their customer support team is and how quickly they handled issues at hand. Bravo!
Now, let’s talk about the “not-so-good stuff.”
Reasons NOT to choose Opinew Product Reviews App
- High-pricing – while $9 per month isn’t a lot, you’ll soon realize to take full advantage of its capabilities and features, you’ll have to opt for more expensive paid plans.
- Slower learning curve – While we’ve not had a hard time using this Fera alternative, we’ve seen plenty of reviews of people being confused initially by all the features it offers. But, over the last year or more, they’ve been slowly improving by providing better onboarding tutorials and more efficient customer service to assist.
- Occasional bugs/missing features. Some users reported not being able to choose which reviews to import and which not to.
Opinew Product Reviews App Pricing
If you’re just starting, go for the $9/mo paid plan. You’ll get a feel for things, but as soon as you start generating some revenue, switch to the “Shop” plan at $29/mo, or even higher if you’re able to afford it.
For example, at $9/mo, your customers can only upload a single photo for their review. As you upgrade, they’ll be able to attach three then five.
The number of allowed imported reviews is also limited, but as you upgrade, these limitations disappear.
Who is Opinew Product Reviews App for?
If you’re looking for only product reviews on your storefront, you’ll love using Opinew Product Reviews.
It doesn’t mingle with functionalities outside its reach and does a great job at letting you customize your designs, utilize SMS, video reviews, and so much more.
On top of everything, their customer support is excellent, so any issues you might experience should get resolved quickly.
Table Comparison of the 4 Best Fera Alternatives & Competitors:
Now, what is the best Fera Product Reviews App alternative for you?
“It depends on your business needs…” is one of those boring answers no one likes to hear, so we’ve gone out of our way to condense our research into actionable takeaways to save you time.
Choose Loox Product Reviews Referrals if:
- You want a Shopify app with a great onboarding experience & ease of use.
- Polished app with zero bugs.
- Ability to share reviews on social media
- Seamless review importing and a long list of languages supported (17+).
Choose Photo Reviews by Enorm if:
- You’re looking to save money.
- Take advantage of up to 8 images per customer review.
- Utilize automated review request emails.
- Customize around with 3-4 layouts and various coloring options.
Choose Opinew Product Reviews App if:
- You can take advantage of its video review capabilities.
- You want to send automated SMS and Email review requests to customers.
- You want to have almost all the features that other Fera alternatives also offer.
- Your ecommerce business has already started to provide some ROI, and you’re NOT under a tight budget.
Choose Vitals – 40+ apps in one, if:
- You want an all-in-one app with over 40 different products (not just reviews.)
- You want a fresh product review design.
- Customer support with a quick response time is crucial to you.
- You want to save money while optimizing your customer experience.
- Paying a single monthly fee for all 41 apps is necessary to keep your cost overview under proper management.