Do your customers need that final little nudge to trigger them to complete the purchase?
Trigger that will motivate them to finish the checkout process without giving it a second thought?
Then recent sales notification apps will be a game-changer.
In our pursuit to determine which recent sales notification Shopify app is the best, we have narrowed it down to the following four apps:
- Sales Notification App #1: Vitals – One App to Rule Them All
- Sales Notification App #2: Fomo
- Sales Notification App #3: Bizzy Social Proof
- Sales Notification App #4: Show Recent Orders | Sales Pop (by Goldendev)
Here are the main takeaways for busy readers:
Choose Vitals if you need to supply your store with 40+ apps apart from recent Sales Notification Apps with an advantageous monthly rate.
Choose Fomo if you want to induce real fear of missing out on your customers with advanced features, and money is not the obstacle.
Choose Bizzy Social Proof if you want just very simple recent sales notifications, and you are on a budget.
Choose Show Recent Orders (by Goldenev) if you only need a simple and straightforward sales notification solution for beginners.
Recent Sales Notification App: Vitals – 40+ apps in one
“40+ apps at the price of one?”
No, this isn’t a typo.
Vitals is an app that powers every successful Shopify store with 40+ features that offer you the ease of use and cut down your costs on app fees.
Recent sales notification app by Vitals helps you increase customer’s trust in your Shopify store by showing relevant notifications of your most recent store sales.
- 18 Beautiful Templates – Vitals offers you 18 different templates to choose from that can match special occasions such as Halloween, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, and many others.
- Show Add to Cart Events – With this feature, you can show notifications for products added to the cart. This is especially helpful if you don’t have orders yet but want to show activity in your store.
- Exceptional Customer Support – Vitals is sadly the only app on this list with lightning-fast and super responsive customer support. Every business owner or manager knows the pains of slow customer service and how frustrating it can be.
- Easy to Navigate UI – Admin dashboard is intuitive and straightforward, making it effortless to use for inexperienced users.
- Analytics – Vitals’ recent sales notification app doesn’t come with fancy analytics that can track user behavior.
For only $29.99 per month, Vitals packs 40+ tools in one, and a 30-day free trial is more than enough for you to work out if it’s the right tool for your business.
Vitals is a crucial asset for scaling new Shopify stores since it enables you to optimize customer experience and increase sales with a small investment.
From popups, countdown timers, product reviews, wheel of fortune apps, currency conversion feature, and so much more, there is little Vitals leaves behind.
If you want to take your sales to the next level, stop searching for new Shopify apps and quick fixes, then Vitals could be your one-stop shop.
Recent Sales Notification App: Fomo
Fomo is another recent sales notification app that helps you increase your conversion rate by showing recent customer engagement in your shop. For example, social proof, recent sales notifications, and many other customer behavior insights.
As their name implies, they really help you create FOMO (fear of missing out) on your website.
- Intuitive and Beautiful UI – The UI is straightforward and easy to navigate through. You don’t need to be an expert or experienced user to start using Fomo.
- 100+ Integrations – Don’t just connect your sales platforms to show off sales. Connect review platforms to show reviews, social media insights, subscriptions, how many visitors you have on your site, and much more. Their Zapier integration lets you connect 3,000+ other apps.
- Build Something Custom – If you are a developer, you can quickly build custom features with their API.
- Customize Everything – You can customize templates, notifications, timing, order, count, and pretty much anything.
- Customer Service – Slow customer service is frustrating and definitely brings friction in the process.
- Price – Compared to other sales notification apps, Fomo does appear to be overpriced and therefore unappealing to smaller and new stores.
Even though it starts at only $19 a month, the chances are that you will probably be looking at essential or plus programs.
On the installation page, they say that the Starter plan is recommended for shops with below 10,000 monthly sessions, Essential is for shops with more than 10,000, and Plus for shops with more than 26,000 monthly sessions.
They also offer a Free Plan, recommended for stores under development, pre-launch, or less than ten sales per month.
If you are unsure about which one suits your needs the best, they offer a 14-day free trial, and you can save up to 30% if you choose the annual subscription.
We would like to stress out here that we don’t recommend Fomo to ecommerce stores that are just starting since they wouldn’t be using all the features and would spend much more than needed.
Recent Sales Notification App: Bizzy Social Proof
Formerly known as Yo, Bizzy by Pixel Union is a popular Shopify app that allows you to customize and display an unlimited number of Sales Pops.
Their notifications are subtle and engaging, helping you build trust with customers and increase the conversion rate.
- User-Friendly Design – Bizzy has put in a lot of work to make their updated version of the app a lot easier to navigate and manage the notifications’ design, content, and settings.
- Fast Theme Editor – The theme editor is swift, easy to use, and straightforward. You can also add custom CSS and JavaScrip.
The pricing is reasonable and straightforward.
A 14-day free trial allows you to test out all the features yourself and decide whether it’s the match for your business. Afterward, you will be billed $6.99 a month every 30 days.
Recent Sales Notification App: Show Recent Orders | Sales Pop (by Goldendev)
Show Recent Orders Strengths
- Complete Customization – You can modify the background color, text color, product name color, and border color or even use a background pattern for your notifications.
- Translations – The app can recognize and translate notifications based on a subdomain, URL parameter, or Langify.
Show Recent Orders Shortcomings
- Great Only For Beginners And Smaller Stores – This isn’t really a shortcoming. Still, if you are not a beginner, and if you need more advanced functionalities and features than just having nice customizations at an affordable price, then you may want to opt for a different app. However, this would be good enough for most stores.
Show Recent Orders Pricing
Pricing is affordable and reasonable for what it offers.
A 20-day free trial will allow you to decide for which plan to settle, the best value at $4.99 a month, or Premium for $6.99 a month.
So what’s the best Sales Notification app for you?
Don’t worry. We won’t shoot you with the “it depends” phrase.
In the table below, we have narrowed down all of our findings in the table below so you could make an informed decision effortlessly.
Choose Fomo if:
- Money is not an obstacle for you.
- You want to have absolutely beautiful notifications.
- You want to get all the possible features that come with it.
Choose Bizzy if:
- You want to take advantage of its UTM tracking feature.
- You don’t care about the looks of your sales notifications.
- You want something quick and easy.
Choose Show Recent Orders if:
- You are on a budget.
- You only need basic yet decently looking sales notifications.
- You are just entering the ecommerce world and need an affordable, quick fix.
Choose Vitals if:
- You want more apps besides sales notifications to power your Shopify store.
- Effective and quick customer support is essential for you.
- You want an intuitive and simple UI with beautiful ready templates.
Vitals guest author